Facebook Instagram  Twitter  Pinterest  Bloglovin
Cellist Goes Green photo 1_1_zps1177d591.pngHomeAboutResourcesContact photo 1_6_zps15a92b4b.png

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Zero Plastic Week: Day 3

Last night I enjoyed some mint tea picked straight from the garden.  No tea bags for me!

Homemade mint tea!
And this morning, I made some coffee in our Chemex.  It was delicious.  If you haven't heard of them, the Chemex coffee maker is great!  We had a french press, which our cat broke, and we were gifted this by a friend.  We've been very happy with it.  (We use reusable filters, which you can find here).  
 

Unfortunately, I created my largest piece of plastic trash today:

Plastic from Day #3 of Zero Plastic Week
I subscribe to Taproot magazine, which I enjoy, but it unfortunately comes wrapped in a plastic bag.  The company actually addresses the issue in a post, but I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I only subscribe to two magazines, Taproot and Martha Stewart.  And I'm not a fan of e-readers.  And I enjoy reading the magazines.  Our library does not carry Taproot.  So, another conundrum.

Jar of shame :)




Here is all of the plastic I have accumulated over three days.  I know it's not a lot (6 pieces so far), but it still feels like a lot, especially since I am going out of my way to really avoid it.  

Anyway, after I finish posting this, I will be heading out to the farmers market to enjoy some plastic free produce :-)

What plastic has everybody else been struggling with this week?  Any awesome plastic-free solutions?




No comments:

Post a Comment