Facebook Instagram  Twitter  Pinterest  Bloglovin
Cellist Goes Green photo 1_1_zps1177d591.pngHomeAboutResourcesContact photo 1_6_zps15a92b4b.png

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Zero Plastic Week: Day 2

So far, I have accumulated three pieces of plastic over the past two days of Zero Plastic Week.


1. Plastic packing tape.
I ordered some foundation from RMS beauty, as I was running low on my regular stuff, and since their foundation is packaged in glass and aluminum I thought it would be a good choice.  They did ship it without plastic, which I was very happy about, but there was plastic packaging tape to seal the envelope.

2. Plastic milk ring from yesterday.
This one is unavoidable, as I mentioned in my last post.  I am lucky they carry milk in returnable bottles in my area at all.  One step at a time, I suppose. Someone suggested I check with local schools to see if they could use the caps for art projects.  And a commenter said that some Whole Foods or Aveda salons might take them???  Any more thoughts???

3. Produce sticker from a kiwi.
I try to buy a lot of local, in season produce, but the organic farmer at our farmers' market doesn't sell fruit, so I usually buy what's at Whole Foods.  And most of the fruit there has produce stickers.  Later in the season, they have locally grown berries that aren't in plastic, but they don't have anything now.

What single-use plastic have you struggled with this week?

P.S.--If you want to win the four reusable bulk bags from The High Fiber, the giveaway ends tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment