Facebook Instagram  Twitter  Pinterest  Bloglovin
Cellist Goes Green photo 1_1_zps1177d591.pngHomeAboutResourcesContact photo 1_6_zps15a92b4b.png

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Plastic Free July Day 4


I needed a new cake of rosin for my cello bow, so I ordered some on Amazon.  This was the result.

Sadly, we have no music stores in our area that carry the rosin I use, so I am stuck ordering online, or driving close to two hours+.

Usually, if I need to order something online, I try to buy from Etsy or a smaller company who will take requests for what packing materials are used, but this time I was stuck.  Oh well.

--------------------------------------------
If you aren't familiar with Plastic Free July, take a look at this post.  Basically, it's a month-long challenge to reduce the amount of disposable plastic you use.  It's a great starting point if you just want to give cutting out disposable plastic a try.
 

My first Plastic Free July was in 2013(!), and this month I'd like to highlight some of the things I do to reduce my plastic use, and some struggles.  Many things are part of my routine at this point (buying in bulk, refusing plastic silverware, etc.), but I am not perfect, and I always find this challenge to be a good time to refocus and look at what trash I am actually producing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment