Facebook Instagram  Twitter  Pinterest  Bloglovin
Cellist Goes Green photo 1_1_zps1177d591.pngHomeAboutResourcesContact photo 1_6_zps15a92b4b.png

Friday, July 1, 2016

Happy Plastic Free July! (Day 1)

If you aren't familiar with Plastic Free July, take a look at my last post.  Basically, it's a month-long challenge to reduce the amount of disposable plastic you use.  It's a great starting point if you just want to give cutting out disposable plastic a try.

My first Plastic Free July was in 2013(!), and this month I'd like to highlight some of the things I do to reduce my plastic use, and some struggles.  Many things are part of my routine at this point (buying in bulk, refusing plastic silverware, etc.), but I am not perfect, and I always find this challenge to be a good time to refocus and look at what trash I am actually producing.

So, today, I will share my plastic-free breakfast:

Plastic Free July Day 1 breakfast

Coffee: Beans bought in bulk and ground at home, Chemex and reusable filter
Oatmeal: Oats bought in bulk, milk in returnable glass bottle, homemade strawberry freezer jam

No comments:

Post a Comment